My Progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, December 3, 2011

The WeekEND of Week One!

Okay so today was a pretty big milestone for me.
Number one, I got my ass up and to the gym WITHOUT a personal training appointment and WITHOUT a near nervous breakdown (since my father died, I've been having some anxiety issues...I'll go into that another time maybe when I feel like talking more about it). It is also the end of my first week working towards my goal!
This week so far, I have successfully stayed between 1200-1400 calories per day...tonight, my husband made us steaks and I even had the correct portion amount and became FULL before I finished! I was pretty pleased about that.
The thing is, I'm not really dieting. I need to change my eating habits all together. My portions have been out of control and I tend to snack when I'm bored or depressed.  I used to be able to devour an entire steak, two cups of Japanese sticky rice (I'm part Japanese...can't cut it out just yet!), and whatever else I felt the need to stick in my mouth.
So tonight, I measured that steak and I measured that rice, and added in broccoli (steamed). I ate all my broccoli first, opting to fill up on the healthiest bit. And gosh, I had about a quarter of my steak portion left and several forkfuls of rice left and I was full! I was elated.
For dessert, I let myself have a little treat: two of those chocolate candies from Weight Watchers. They have caramel and pecans and are yummy!
I finished out my day with a net calorie intake of just over 1200. Hurray!!

I'm going out of order here, but bear with me. It's late and I wanted to get this out before I fell asleep. Anyways. This morning at the gym, I walked out (very determined-like) and into the weight room in the gym. Usually there are plenty of meatheads there, hogging up the machines I want to use (my PT usually kicks them off for a few minutes) so I decided to try out the hack slide.
Holy Mother of God.
By rep 5 of my first set, my thighs are burning. I powered through it and did 3 sets of 12 though. Then I did my biceps (I wimped out after only 2 sets, poop) and triceps. Then I did more thigh workouts on the adductor and abductor machines.
Then is was time for cardio. Jean says 35 to 45 minutes for days I do strength training and 1 hr 30 to 1 hr 45  on days I don't. Ouch. The idea of being on an elliptical, or anything else for that matter, for that long is daunting. I did find a great song today, hiding on my iPod. It's Run the World by Beyonce (4, I think is the album). It's some remix though and man, that got me in the Zone. It was perfect!
When I finally got off the elliptical, I thought my legs would give out. I had major jello legs all day. I'm still having trouble getting up my stairs. So I'm thinking no more leg workouts for a few days.

I've been thinking about some new goals though. First, obviously, is get my weight down. But once I hit that, I don't want just maintenance here on out. I was thinking maybe I could take up kickboxing or something like that. Karate? Jiu Jitsu? Something...
But then I was thinking, what if I get on that scale on Monday and the number I see doesn't look very good? What if it's such a minuscule amount, or worse, more than before? What if I haven't done anything at all and all this hard work and careful meal planning didn't do a thing?

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! Your day sounds amazing! As for the scale. I hear you. I play major games with it myself. Just keep in mind that many things can factor into that number, and if you really are doing that many good things (eating right, cardio, strength) then your work will eventually show!

    ReplyDelete