My Progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Aw snap, twice in one day?

Yep.
I need goals. I've outlined a few on the side (starting to spruce up the ol' bloggy blog) but I really need something to look forward to.
Trust me, all 70 by April would be AMAZING (and would probably also mean $5000 from my gym's Biggest Loser program!) but what about month by month?
At the end of all this, when I'm down to a size 7 (WHEN not IF!), my mom said she'd buy me a new wardrobe (bless mothers who live out of state and have money to spend). I'll also look awesome, I know that.
What about a month from now? Realistically, where will I be? Where SHOULD I be? Maybe down 20 pounds? Or is it more like 10?
I have lost a lot of weight before and it really and almost literally melted off. End of February in 2008, I was a size 12 or so. End of March, I was a size 7. I didn't starve myself. All I did was exercise a lot. Three times a week. I may have cut out a few things here and there, but it wasn't very radical. Is it naive of me to have similar expectations? Probably. But I want so bad for all of this stuff to be gone. All the trainers at my gym think it can be done. I told them I wanted to lose 70 pounds. One pulled out a calculator and got all excited because that'd be 35% of my weight lost which would pretty much guarantee that I'd be the winner for all of the gyms in that franchise. And $5000 is nothing to laugh at! Especially at this point where the Army decided they overpaid my husband for his separation last year and told us to pay back nearly $3000.
But I digress.
What are acceptable goals for myself?
I love shoes and handbags. I don't want to reward myself with too many clothes seeing as how I'd like to be smaller at the end. But shoes and handbags are okay. And I love gadgets. iPads, iPods, computers, all that crap. So maybe at 50 I can get a really fabulous handbag? Like almost-can't-afford-it fabulous.
An iPad is kind of stupid, since I have an iPod touch and I really can't think of anything in particular I'd use it for besides just as conspicuous consumption, but I'd still really like one! Maybe at 65 pounds. Like, "Hey, you're almost there!"
Shoes are amazing and I will make any occasion an excuse to buy a pair, especially since I'm getting back into the habit of wearing my heels. Those would make good 20 or 25 pound rewards. Also, new workout clothes for every 20 pounds or so would be good, I think. I noticed that my old sweatpants are starting to get baggy in the thighs (GASP!) so I was thinking having a little variety would be awesome!
Then there are massages. I work out as hard as I can and I frequently wake up aching and sore (in a great way, but still, sometimes it hurts to sneeze). Getting a massage would be a nice reward, too. More of a 10 or 15 pound motivation, I think. My husband said for every 10 pounds, I get a foot massage. :)

What kind of goals and rewards do you have set up for yourself?

1 comment:

  1. Goals are awesome! I think it's okay to change your mind as you progress, as well. I'm still mulling over them. Right now, I'm trying to simply dwell in the victory of losing one lb. at a time...but I anticipate the need for continued motivation. I will certainly need a new wardrobe when I reach goal, so I guess I should save pennies!

    ReplyDelete