My Progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, December 8, 2011

It's Kind of Daunting

My personal trainer is putting together a meal plan for me. I decided to take part in the Biggest Loser challenge at my gym so I get a free diet assessment and stuff.
SIGH
I'm a quarter Japanese and I have to give up my friggin' rice.
No more ichiban.
Just the thought of going without all these foods that I've grown up with makes me sad. But isn't that unhealthy? Being SAD about food??

On a brighter note, I found a really delicious lunch food for myself. Multigrain bread (90 calories a slice) smeared with a tablespoon of natural peanut butter (which is about 90 calories). And voila. A personal trainer-approved lunch at 180 calories. She also said my personal favorite, caprese salad, is excellent for me. And I've completely cut out soda. I never used to drink it much before except when we went out but now it's all water. When I crave something sweet, I got some Walmart brand Crystal Lite type stuff to stick in there. It's less than 10 calories. My favorite is the Cherry Pomegranate. Yummy. I need to find stuff without aspartame though. I hear bad things about it. But at this particular moment, I'm concerned with getting calories and portions under control. I will start replacing more things with healthier alternatives. For instance, I told her I bake rice with Cream of Mushroom soup a lot (I don't cook well). She suggested halving my rice portion and using a cheese-free Alfredo sauce with some chopped mushrooms and cubed chicken or turkey. I like the idea I just have to figure out what she means by the Alfredo sauce. Does she have something in particular in mind? And my SWEET TOOTH WILL BE THE DEATH OF ME. I crave chocolate like all the time. It's stupid.
I'm keeping myself pumped up pretty well. Seeing results after just a week really put a smile on my face. I'm already FEELING better too. I don't get winded going up the stairs. I'm trying to take walks with my husband on days I don't go to the gym or just do something to keep active in general.
I feel the results but I don't see them. I know it's only been a week and a half so realistically, I won't. But I want so badly to fit back into my old clothes and have my body back. :<

Despite all that, I'm trying to think POSITIVE!!
Progress pictures will be posted soon.

2 comments:

  1. This is all good news! It's definitely good to find alternatives to favorites, and things you can whip up quickly. I like to keep frozen veggie medleys in the freezer at all times, because they are great for fillers. Keep the positivity flowing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should actually do that because we have a fridge full of veggies that are going to go bad if we don't eat them up! Tonight I made myself a nice pasta primavera. Sauteed up some garlic, tomatoes, broccoli, and onions.
    What kind of veggies do you usually stick in there? Just wondering if tomatoes will hold up in there. In addition to that, my trainer told me to cube up 100 calorie portions of chicken and freeze them to use later on.
    I really need to find more recipes. I suck at cooking!

    ReplyDelete