My Progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, January 30, 2012

The Long Awaited Update!

I'm just kidding.
I know I only have a handful of people that will read this but nyeah. I will post anyways.

For starters, I have lost 15 pounds in the past two months. I'm so happy and proud of myself. During a particularly heinous fight, my husband yelled out, "Look at you! You decided you didn't want to be fat anymore and you just changed! Just like that! You can change for the better!"
While I was still royally pissed at him, it still really strikes me as kind of a wonderful thing. (Don't worry, hubby and I kissed and made up, as we usually do.)

With that, I still get discouraged! For instance, last week I was at 186 then Friday I weighed in and was at 188. I was so depressed that I gained those extra 2 pounds. Everyone kept saying, "It's probably just muscle!" That's all fine and good but I have so much weight to lose to be remotely close to healthy that even just 2 pounds feels like 50. But I kept to my limits and even tried to go to the gym today while sick (not a good idea, by the way, I feel like shit) and after stepping on the scale I discovered I was at 185. Cue big huge grin.

A few days ago, I had an idea that weekly, in order to keep myself focused on the wonderful things that are happening to my body, I should find new great things that are happening. Then I won't focus so much on how my tummy looks kind of dimpled now and I'm not sure if it will look nice when the weight's gone, things like that. (Can you tell what I'm focused on at the mo?)

So without further ado:
1. I have collarbones. They are officially out there.
2. My Old Navy "fat" jeans are extremely baggy, my Old Navy "regular" jeans are starting to loosen up, and I finally fit back into my Lucky "fat" jeans. :>
3. I can bound up my entire staircase and not be out of breath!!
4. I am able to make much better food choices much more easily.
5. I don't have that shadow of a double chin.
6. I am discovering I have some extremely powerful muscles underneath the pudge.
7. All of my clothes are fitting so much better.

Tada!

2 comments:

  1. yay!! the long awaited update indeed!! Glad to see your post and comment :)
    10 pounds!! wow!! that's awesome! you go girl!
    So what's your routine at the gym? And yup, don't go when you're sick.. will make it worse.
    and double yay! even I have collarbones :) though my double chin is still there, but my cheeks have sunken in :)
    Keep your posts coming. Missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go only three days a week and try to do some active stuff on the weekends like walking or hiking, things like that.
    I usually start off with strength training. Last week, on Monday, I did arms. Then I did an hour of cardio. Wednesday, I did abs and legs, then another hour of cardio. Friday I think I just did abs and some arms. Then an hour of cardio. Cardio tends to vary, I try to shoot for an hour, but sometimes I'll do 45 minutes or so. :>
    Definitely learned my lesson about going when sick...I felt so gross lol. Then I came home and just fell over onto my bed! Been here ever since.

    I love the collarbones! I haven't seen them in ages!!

    ReplyDelete